Monday, June 6, 2016

Letterbox Love Stories: Cara Marsi and her Italian playboy romance


Letterbox Love Stories - the first anthology by the international World Romance Writers group - is coming soon, and today we're thrilled to introduce the lovely Cara Marsi and her Italian romance for the anthology
Great to meet you, Cara!CaraMarsi, HelenaFairfax

Hi, I’m Cara Marsi. I’m an award-winning and eclectic author who loves a good love story, and believes that everyone deserves a second chance at love. Sexy, sweet, thrilling, or magical, my stories are first and foremost about the love. Treat yourself today, with a taste of romance.
When not traveling or dreaming of traveling, my husband and I live on the East Coast of the United States in a house ruled by two spoiled cats who compete for attention.

What genre do you write?
I write contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and paranormal romance.

Please tell us about your story for the Letterbox Love Stories anthology.

Ravello (Image courtesy of Pixabay)
My story is called Curating Love, and it’s set in Ravello, on Italy’s Amalfi Coast.
My heroine, Chloe Decker, is a young woman from Philadelphia who’s known tragedy. Now, armed with a fresh Master of Fine Arts degree, she scores a plum job in Ravello, Italy, curating the extensive art collection of the wealthy and influential DiMarco family. Chloe’s dream is to someday open her own art gallery in Philadelphia. This job could be her ticket to realizing her dream.
Matteo DiMarco, grandson of the head of the DiMarco family, has a reputation as an international playboy. Matteo hides deep hurt beneath his playboy image. When he meets Chloe, he dares to believe in love again. But can he convince her that her picture-perfect life is with him in Italy? 

Why did you choose this setting? I’ve visited the Amalfi Coast twice, and it’s one of my favorite places in the world. My family is from Italy and I still have relatives there. I hope to visit Italy again. The Amalfi Coast is spectacularly beautiful and oozes romance.


Where is your favourite place in the world?
I love Italy and Australia, two places I’ve visited, and hope to visit again. But my overall world favorite is the state of Arizona in the American Southwest. I want to move there and live among the mountains and desert, to be surrounded by amazing rock formations that are thousands of years old, to feel the desert heat and wind.

What is your idea of the perfect holiday?
Warm weather, sunshine, the ocean, mountains, relaxation, seeing new sights and meeting people from all over the world. And wine, lots of wine.
The Amalfi coast
What sources do you use for inspiration in your writing?
I use places I’ve visited, like the Amalfi Coast. I have another contemporary romance story set there and a romantic suspense set in Rome, Italy. I set many of my books in the places I’m most familiar with—Philadelphia, the New Jersey shore, the Delaware beaches. I also get ideas from movies and TV, and from incidents in my own life. I name the villains and mean people in my books after the girls who were mean to me in school, and old boyfriends who broke my heart.

Ravello (Image courtesy of Pixabay)
What do you do when you aren’t writing?
I’m a TV junkie. I DVR many shows and try to take time during the day to watch them. Of course, I love to read, but writing has taken time from my reading. I exercise an hour a day, and I also love to cook and am always trying new recipes. I include a recipe in my monthly newsletter. I’ve written several “foodie” romances.

Where do you write, and why does that spot work for you?
I have an office set up next to our dining room on the first floor. The office was a small bedroom at one time. It gives me a measure of privacy, except when my cats want my attention and crawl all over the desk and my computer. If I try to lock them out, they cry outside the door until I let them in. My computer faces a window that looks out over our rose garden, which is very pretty and relaxing in the summer. Not so much in the winter. Lots goes on outside that window. There are squirrels and birds galore. Once I saw a fox bury a dead squirrel, and another time I saw three deer run by.

If you had to marry someone from film, books, or television, who would that be?
The young Han Solo. I fell in love with him when I saw the first Star Wars movie all those years ago. He has the right combination of sex appeal, good looks, and humor.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
I do. I believe it happens. But not all love is at first sight. I may not have fallen in love with my husband at first sight, but it didn’t take long for me to realize I loved him.

Here is the blurb for Curating Love:
A letter inviting Chloe Decker to curate the art collection of the wealthy DiMarco family of Ravello, Italy, lets Chloe begin to picture a new beginning for herself after a tragic loss. But she’d never included her employer’s sexy grandson, Matteo DiMarco, in that portrait. Chloe’s not ready for a relationship, even with a fine Italian masterpiece of a man like Matteo, but can he convince her to paint a new life that includes him?
You can find Cara on her website / on Facebook / on Twitter / on Pinterest / and on Amazon Author Central


We look forward to reading Cara Marsi's Curating Love in the Letterbox Love Stories anthology - coming soon!

Thanks for dropping in today, Cara. It's been lovely getting to know you. If you have any questions for Cara, or any comments at all, please let us know by visiting us on Facebook or at the WRW Reader's Group. We'd love to hear from you!